Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Blessings

My God is such a good God. I feel as though the Lord has been showering me in blessings over the past week. I am so thankful and want to share what He has been doing for my life. (I will start with most recent).

I was lying in bed reading the Bible the other night when I felt directed to go to Philemon. I honestly have never paid much attention to this particular book of the Bible but I turned to it to read. I have found myself taken back with the passage : Philemon 1:4-7

 4 I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, 5 because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. 6 I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ. 7 Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.

I have never struggled with having faith in God, but with so many events making moving to Memphis a struggle I was beginning to have doubts and a lot of worries. God knew just how to encourage me at the right time and remind that I have to have faith in Him.

I was struggling with paying my bursar off before moving to Memphis as well. I have talked to a few people in the Bursar's office several times and they seemed reluctant to help. I understood that they deal with a lot of students and a lot of people trying to pay off their schooling. I talked to Janice and she told me she would not be able to release a transcript until my entire bursar was paid off. I told her thank you and hung up. Five minutes later she called me back. She was able to remove service fees and charges from my account lowering the balance to $62! This was such a blessing I can not describe the thankfulness I have for this blessing.

Someone so sweet and generously left an envelope outside my apartment on Tuesday. This envelope had money in it that has helped me tremendously during a time of need. I do not know who it was and cannot thank them enough. I just pray that God will shower them with blessings for their kindness.

Last Monday I found out about being scammed. After a lot of freaking out I went to see my mom at home. She was incredibly calm about the whole situation. She was the most loving and supportive mother ever! She started to laugh and told me she had been given a raise at work that would be effective that paycheck. I cannot help but smile, because God has known from the beginning of time that this would happen. Often we need to experience events to remind us that we cannot walk through this life without Him. He is a powerful God that loves us so much and we need Him.

Overall of these blessings He has given me so much peace. I can only describe as a peace from God. I know without a doubt that moving to Memphis is the right choice and I am beyond thrilled and excited to see all that awaits in Memphis!!!!! All praise and glory be to God my Father!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for your next big step. God blesses us every day and this is a great reminder to be on the lookout for those instead of just focusing on the challenges. Also... Memphis based Corky's BBQ is UNBELIEVABLE!

    ReplyDelete